2/8/17

Richard Herr - So Whaddya Think? - 17

Playing Experience
“So whaddya think?”
“Whaddya mean? What do I think?”
“Whaddya think about the way they’re playing the game nowadays?”
“Well, when I played baseball--“
“--Wait a minute. What? You played baseball?”
“Well, not professionally, but in a small amateur league. Enough to prove that I know what it feels like to play the game. Enough to know which hand to put the glove on.”
“What did you play?”
“I played some outfield. I also pitched.”
“You pitched?”
“That’s right.”
“How good were you?”
“So-so.”
“Whaddya mean, so-so? Did you ever have a radar gun track how fast you threw?”
“Well, I did, but I didn’t get any solid results out of it.”
“Solid results? Whaddya mean.”
“The battery kept running out on the thing.”

Whenever Richard Herr isn’t solving all the Mets’ problems, he spends his time writing humorous science fiction novels.


You can see his books at https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Herr/e/B00J5XBKX4.

3 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Richard -

They didn't have radar guns when I played.

They barely had guns.

Tom Brennan said...

Mack, I'll bet they barely had radar too!

Mack Ade said...

That's me in the pic on the post... sitting in front on the left